Re: rfc 1215 mib definition file

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: rfc 1215 mib definition file
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:42:51 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
What problem exactly are you trying to solve?

Is it that you cannot browse the MIBs or that your traps are unformatted?
in NetView.   I have been told that HP OpenView has this facility, but in
NetView this is a multi-step process.  You don't have to load the MIB to
define the trap.

If the defining the trap is what you want to do, then you probably don't
need rfc 1215 at all.  What you need is either the addtrap script you can
get from Cisco which will define all their traps (about 400 of 'em I think)
to NetView, or you can take the Cisco MIBs which define traps and run
mib2trap against them and see if they will produce good addtrap scripts for
you.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

OGrant <OGrant@PEC.COM> on 03/18/99 03:23:37 PM