help with simple ruleset

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: help with simple ruleset
From: Matt Ashfield <mda@UNB.CA>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:43:01 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all,
I am experimenting with rulesets and am having a few problems. Basically, I want Netview to send an email when a node down event is received for a particular node and NO node up event for that node is received within a designated period of time..So I'll get an email if a node has been down for more than x minutes...
I have my ruleset defined as follows...

EVENT STREAM = BLOCK
EVENT 1 = Node Down event (as Input 1)
EVENT 2 = Node Up event (as Input 2)

RESET ON MATCH
    Event 1 Attribute 2 EQUAL TO Event 2 Attribute 2
        - this would compare the name of the nodes generating the events
        - time threshold is currently set to 3 mintues for testing....
outputted to
ACTION
    a perl script that sends an email...

Does anyone see any obvious errors with this? Shoud I be using an Inline Action instead of Action?
Any help would be appreciated,

Matt Ashfield