Re: Problem with router discovery

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problem with router discovery
From: Rob Rinear <robr@DIRIGO.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:22:14 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Delete both of them and Netview will rediscover the router properly.  When Netview detects the new IP address, it does not change the existing object to reflect the new interface but rather creates a new object for it.  The router will, of course, answer the MIB query with the correct interfaces, but Netview already had its objects established.