Colour Propagation on ReadOnly Maps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Colour Propagation on ReadOnly Maps
From: John Creasey <creasey@OZEMAIL.COM.AU>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 23:38:31 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
At our shop it is standard practice that the operators have the read/write
map.  I am told that the reason behind this is that unless at least one map
is open for read/write all the time, the map won't do colour propagation
properly.  Ie the top level icons won't go yellow when something below them
fails.

I would really like to know if this is true, because it just seems to me
that this might have been a bug which has long since been fixed.

John Creasey
Advantra.