AIX Ver 4.3 Compatibility

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: AIX Ver 4.3 Compatibility
From: אלי גל - חט"ל - Eli Gal <elig@BEZEQ.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:29:33 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We plan to migrate to AIX 4.3 by year end (we'll also migrate to Netview V5
at that point in time but this is outside the context of this message).

We currently use AIX 4.2 (and Netview V4), and the following OEM products:

- Optivity NMS 8.1.1
- 3Com Transcend (OnCore Manager portion only)
- CiscoWorks Blue MAPS and SNA-View

All 3 accompanying products are officially supported at AIX 4.2 level only.
What are my risk chances by installing AIX 4.3 and assuming that the
products will keep on running?

-------
Eli Gal
Bezeq - the Israeli Telecommunications Corp.
Ramat Gan, Israel
tel: +972-3-5.763.763
fax: +972-3-5.763.793