Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Netview uses wrong community string

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Netview uses wrong community string
From: Carsten Strahler <Carsten.Strahler@NBG.NET>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:25:06 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

in the database of xnmsnmpconf the correct communitystring is stored. When
I run a snmpwalk -d it uses this communitystring. With a demandpoll public
is the communtystring.

Carsten Strahler

schafer@tkg.com on 31.03.99 05:35:22

Bitte antworten an schafer@tkg.com

An:   Carsten Strahler/nbg/DE
Kopie:
Thema:    Re: Antwort: Re: Netview uses wrong community string

This is really weird.  I have never seen this have a problem.

xnmsnmpconf  has some options to dump the database.  Do a man page on it,
and use the proper option to dump the database, grep for your subnet.
Make sure it is correct in the cache!  Apparently it is not!

Another possiblity is that the subnet address is also matched by another
entry in your snmp configuration.

I guess you have run snmpwalk -d <address in subnet> system ?  You can see
the community string in the debug output and verify it is not correct.

Carsten.Strahler@nbg.net wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> i've tried this. I configured special communities only for this subnet.
But > Netview use always "public".