Please ignore if your not in the Washington, DC/N. VA area

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Please ignore if your not in the Washington, DC/N. VA area
From: OGrant <OGrant@PEC.COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:16:26 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Notwithstanding the wealth of material that's available for study on Netview
for Unix, my company has several lingering questions surrounding Netview on
the Unix platform (we're currently running Netview/NT and are considering
transitioning to the former).  Our reasons for moving to unix are many, but
could be boiled down to performance and stability issues.

That said, we're extremely interested in seeing Netview for Unix
(specifically Solaris, but other variants could be considered) *in action*,
and are wondering if there exist any listserv members in the area who might
be willing to meet with us briefly to show their netview/enterprise
management system off.  In addition, we'd like to get their company's
impressions of Netview/unix from the standpoints of installation,
configuration, and use issues/problems.

A tall (or outlandish?) request, admittedly, but who hasn't wished they'd
seen an app running in a production environment before they took the
expensive plunge?  For anyone wishing to respond, please contact me directly
via email...many thanks in advance,

Oliver M. Grant
Performance Engineering Corp.
ogrant@pec.com