Re: Web server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Web server
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:29:49 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

If you open a map as root, everything necessary is done. The ovw must be
running r/w. The
web server processes must be running (as Jean-Michel points out, they can
be started
separately with nvwebstart), and the webquery process must be running. If
you do a
ps -ef | grep web, you should see a bunch of the webserver processes and
one of the
webquery processes running. Also the ovw process. The display for that ovw
can be
anywhere.

You cannot do this without the ovw process.

If you want this to work with an ovw opened by a non-root user, I believe
it can be
done, now, but there are a bunch of hoops to jump through first. I am not
sure that all
of the fixes are in 5.1.1, so I will not attempt to summarize them here.
There is the
changing of the port away from 80, there is the chmod_web_ovw command, and
some additional things that were left out of it. Maybe someone who has done
this
recently will fill us in.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 04-06-99