Re: NetArchitect on Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetArchitect on Netview
From: Paul Anderson <paul.anderson@AMALI.GLOBALNET.CO.UK>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 22:21:13 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply. I've been unable to try your suggestion until today
but I found that my variables were already set as follows:

BNA_ROOT is set to /usr/bna
BNA_TFTP_HOST is not set (but is this significant?)
BAYN_DB_NAME is set to /usr/bna/net_db/bna.db

My .profile is really simple it is as follows

    set -o vi
    export PS1="['hostname':\$PWD]> "
    PATH=$PATH:/usr/OV/bin:/etc/util:.
    . /usr/lnms/bin/opt_kshrc
    . /usr/bna/bin/BNA_kshrc

Needless to say it still doesn't work!

For those of you who may have missed my original cry for help...

On attempting to launch NetArchitect's Configuration Editor I got the
following message:

"/usr/bna/net_db/bna.db was not found, create a new database?"

I then selected OK and got the following additional message:

"Please contact Bay Networks support and provide the following information:
<maint-0012-0085> Directory /cdrom/os_db does not exist
(err_directory_not_found) While trying to open the application schema
database."

...any suggestions?
Paul Anderson
hopelessly outgunned Father of 3

"...if it was easy...they'd do it themselves..."