Event.log & Trapd.log

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Event.log & Trapd.log
From: Jan Green <greenjan@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 06:24:03 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Igor -

I think I have the same problem. I currently have
two Sev1 PR's open with Tivoli.

Some traps come in and are logged in trapd.log. They
are then sent through my ruleset. The ruleset hangs on
the first trap at "NVS=" field for 1 minute and 15
seconds.(I am running 8 rulesets so each trap is
delayed 8*1.25 minutes.) Then several other traps are
processed normally(Less than 1 minute for all of
them).

The problem is we process ALOT of traps here. So, I am
currently 28 hours behind processing traps.

The funny thing Is this started when I upgraded to AIX
4.3.1, Tivoli 3.6 and Netview 5.1.1(no, the patch did
not help). This configurate has worked with 5.0 for
more than 8 months. No other changes have been made.
Same rulesets, same everything.

I will let you know what Tivoli comes up with.