Optivity components: which ones will be integrated with Netview?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Optivity components: which ones will be integrated with Netview?
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:48:06 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
 I was under the impression that future releases of the Optivity
line would be moving away from platform integration and towards
standalone, web-based device management. On reviewing appends I've
saved from this forum, I see that I am probably confusing Nortel and
Cisco approaches.

In the general case, do people run some components on the Netview
server, and others on separate boxes, or do all components require
Netview under them?  Is this changing in 9.0? Thanks for your help...

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager