hostname & ip address changes.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: hostname & ip address changes.
From: Christo Burger <christob@ABSA.CO.ZA>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:06:05 -0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Some backgroung to my problem:

        We are running NV5.0 with AIX4.2.1 on a SP/2 node. They made changes on
the
frames which lead to changes on the hostname and ip address of the netview
node.  (before called f5n1 now called f6n1)

        I ran the recovery options in Tivoli, set out in the Planning and
Installation
guide,  and reset_ci on the netview side.

        All netview daemons came up wit the exception of ahmdbserver,
NCMPserver and
RabmEventServer. I get the following messages after starting the r/w map:

No handler for exception:
The server refused the connection
Attempt to connect to server failed while looking up database
"/usr/rabmv2/db/rabmv2.db" on host "f6n1".
Possibly there is no server running on f6n1. You can try the command
"/usr/lpp/ODI/OS4.0/cset/bin/ossvrping f6n1" to check.
 (err_server_refused_connection)

        cmlstatus shows ahmtopod in state: started. /usr/OV/tmp/netnmrc.ovstart
shows
: ...

 object manager name: NCMPserver
 behavior:            OVs_NON_WELL_BEHAVED
 state:               NOT_RUNNING
 PID:                 22736
 exit status:         exit(1)

 object manager name: ahmdbserver
 behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
 state:               DONE
 PID:                 16846
 last message:        Process complete.
 exit status:         -

 object manager name: rabmEventServer
 behavior:            OVs_NON_WELL_BEHAVED
 state:               UNSTARTABLE
 PID:                 (never run)
 exit status:         -

        I did not find anything specific related on recovery of Router&Bridge
manager
/ ATM campus manager in the Netview documentation. Maybe it is covered
somewhere else?

        Any suggestions/steps to recover from this?

Christo Burger
Systems Management
Absa Bank
+27 11 3506480 (work)