Web Server Security

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Web Server Security
From: Matt Ashfield <mda@UNB.CA>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:09:17 -0300
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all,

This is a bit off topic...

I am running Netview 5.1.1 on Framework 3.6 and AIX 4.3.2....My WebServer is up and running and I have security turned ON. I am using the Apache Web Server that comes with Netview. I have created two virtual port-based hosts, so I can access Netview on port and then other html stuff through a different port...The problem is that when I access my other html stuff, NetView security forces me to log in....Is there a way to avoid this that doesn't involve installing a 2nd Web server on my machine? Anyone else have similar problems?

Cheers,

Matt Ashfield
Computing Services
University of New Brunswick