Framework & CDE & LIBPATH

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Framework & CDE & LIBPATH
From: Ken Freeman <Ken.Freeman@WOOLWICH.CO.UK>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:19:48 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the sender only
and do not necessarily represent the views of WOOLWICH PLC or any
of its subsidiaries. The sender may not be authorised to give financial
advice and nothing in this message should be constructed as offering
such advice.

WOOLWICH PLC represents only WOOLWICH LIFE and WOOLWICH UNIT TRUST
MANAGERS which are regulated by the Personal Investment Authority for
Life Assurance and Unit Trust business
Has anyone seen problems with AIX v4.2.1, CDE and the setting of the LIBPATH
variable?

I have installed Framework v3.6 onto my AIX v4.2.1 system but when I try to
run the 'tivoli' command it fails with the following messages:

        $ tivoli
        exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program tivoli because of the following
errors:
                0509-022 Cannot load library libtas.a[shr.o].
                0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name
does not exist.

I initially thought that the 'setup_env.sh' script was not being run but
then found that all the other environmental variables et by the script were
set by issuing echo commands in the dtterm.

I believe the LIBPATH variable is being unset somewhere between the end of
the 'setup_env.sh' script and the displaying of the 'dtterm' window as I
have added an echo to my '.profile' which writes the value of $LIBPATH to
the startlog but an echo of $LIBPATH in the dtterm returns nothing.

Rerunning the 'setup_env.sh' in the dtterm causes the LIBPATH variable to be
set correctly thus allowing the 'tivloi' command to run.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ken Freeman
Woolwich plc
The information contained in this message and any attachments are
are addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information
and if you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute
or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in
error please notify the system manager (ADMINISTRATOR@WOOLWICH.CO.UK).

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the presence of computer viruses.