Re: snmpCollect y2k

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmpCollect y2k
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:27:13 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
There were fixes made to snmpcollect to make it handle dates correctly
in the year 2000. The last word from Support on this subject was that
it is not necessary to remove all two-digit dates if there is no ambiguity
caused by having them.  As James pointed out, credit cards
are using two-digit expiration dates.   There are different terms for
this, like compliant, tolerant, etc,  I can't find the reference just
now. But you should be confident that Netview has been tested to handle
some very obscure cases. Not to say that more won't turn up, but you can
safely assume that obvious cosmetic things such as the one you point out
were deliberate.

Environment: RS6000 240-P, AIX 4.2.1, Netview 5.1.1

Hello there, I just installed Netview 5.1.1 revision B for AIX and to my
surprise, it seems that snmpcollect still uses the mm/dd/yy format for
date. SnmpColDump shows that format. Am I missing a patch here or I have to
wait for Netview 5.2 to be released to correct this? Some other logs like
nvaction and others where modified to be y2k but not the snmpCollect
database.

Thanks for any Info.

.
.