Re: Polling Timeout Setting

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Polling Timeout Setting
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:01:25 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
SNMP Configuration is the method you use to tell netmon how to poll the
devices in your network. It is how you would tell netmon what their polling
cycles should be, what their alternative community names are, and so on.
If nodes do not support SNMP you can still control their status polling
(ping cycle) from here.

You might want to read the NetView Administrator's Guide on Polling and
SNMP (chapter 6).  You should have installed the dynatext books as part of
the NetView installation, and can get to the Library from Help on the menu
when you bring up a map.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jan Green <greenjan@YAHOO.COM> on 04/27/99 07:17:59 AM