Re: Netfinity MIB's

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netfinity MIB's
From: Doug Horn <Doug_Horn@HSBC.CA>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:40:32 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Subject:  Netfinity MIB's

Hi Jan

We are using NetFinity in this exact same way.  I got the MIB's off of the
NEtFinity CD.  If you do not have them I can send them to you.

They easily compiled into Netview and then I just defined a trap for them
at the events show up under the event viewer.

I also found that if you install NetFinity on a system and want it to
create an SNMP alert that you must have the SNMP agent loaded first or you
will not see the alert actions to create an SNMP event.

HTH
dug

I know this is not exactly a Tivoli issue but, IBM
can't help on this one.

I need MIB files for Netfinity. We have a Netfinity
server which captures traps from NT boxes in the
field.
We need to forward those traps to NetView for AIX
5.1.1 but, I can't seem to find the MIBs.

Also, if there are any redbooks or whitebooks with
instructions, that would be helpful.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

jan