Re: dpadmin and dpconfig?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: dpadmin and dpconfig?
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 10:30:09 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
You will probably need to open a PMR to get this fixed.  An attempt to
fix it here with limited information could make the problem worse.
There was a change in the Java Performance Manager config files (The
dpconfig and dpadmin are the configuration pieces of JPM) from 1.2.2 to
1.2.3,  In the later version, some of the parameters for these scripts
are contained in the file .wrapperrc instead of in the scripts
themselves.  Your description makes it sound as if your upgrade of
Nways, and perhaps Java, was incomplete and you may have pieces of both
versions on your machine.

You seem, as you say, to have a path problem somewhere, but without
looking at several possible breakage points, it would be difficult to
evaluate it on-line.

You could go to /usr/CML/install_log/intall.log to see whether there
were warnings or messages during the install, but you would be better
served by opening a PMR and give support the opportunity to open a
dialogue with you.

Jim Kellock.