Re: NetView/Tivoli Implementation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView/Tivoli Implementation
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 10:19:22 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I'd really make sure that only "important" events end up over on
TEC.  Make sure the filtering takes care of all "noise".

The reason for this is simple... a single NetView system can handle
10-20 times the events per second as a TEC.  If you end up with any
kind of event-storm (and the filtering doesn't cover it)... you'll
end up crashing the TEC (or rendering it useless).

Regards,

Gary Boyles