[no subject]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: serpi@PROACT.SE
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 13:26:54 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all,

I have a Digital UNIX cluster that I want to run Netview on. I\'ve read some
notes on how to install Netview on an AIX-cluster and there aren\'t much
differences between the platform cluster software. However, I\'m not allowed to
install Netview on the shared name because other applications on the same server

are using the real hostname...so I\'ve installed it on both servers using their
real names.

So, what I\'m planning to do is the following:
1) close the Netview daemons on primary node (nv6000_smit \'stopdaemons\'
2) umount the shared file system (/usr/OV)
3) move the netview service to secondary node
4) run the reset_ci script on secondary node
5) start netview on secondary (nv6000_smit restart_stopped_daemons)

Is that a good idea?? Or does someone have another solution on the problem??

Regards
/Roberto Piludu
Proact Networking AB

This mail sent through IMP: http://web.horde.org/imp/