[no subject]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: Ziyad Choudhury <ziyad@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 10:37:00 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi there,
We are in the phase of migrating our Netview 6000's to the TMR/ Netview/ NWAYS
architecture. Our scenario was that we had two Netview 6000 boxes. We installed
a TMR,  and one of the Netview boxes was replaced by taking down the old box
entirely and building a new one in it's place. While there was no backup machine
to the one that was being logged in by Net OPs.
What I want to do is build the other Netview/ NWAYS box in a staging area and
then transfer the box to the LAN room.

In the staging area , the Netview will be using the Token Ring card and in the
LAN room, it will be using the FDDI card.
The IP addresses and the hostnames will be different in the staging area and the
LAN room.

How hard is it to morph the environment? Or is this an uphill battle.  Is there
a script that I can follow  once I bring the box over the LAN room.

Ziyad Choudhury
B 010 / 2D-03
522 South Rd.
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601