Re: Copy database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Copy database
From: Jon Needes <jon.needes@ATS.UK.EDS.COM>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 11:03:12 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
"MENEZES, ALAIN" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know this has already been asked but I'd like to know how I could copy
> the maps (and db) from one NV 4.1.2 server to another.
>
> Thanks
>
> Al
> ---------------------
> Alain Menezes
> ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          Tel.:  +32 2 228.55.74
> Rue Fossé-aux-Loups, 48                               Fax.:  +32 2 228.83.69
> 1000  Bruxelles                                         Email:
> a.menezes@aslk-cger.be

I think you are meant to use backup but I have used the following method:

Stop NetView and daemons.

cd /usr/OV

mv databases databases.old (you can delete if you feel confident)

rcp -p -r .../usr/OV/databases .

as root:
/usr/OV/bin/mapadmin -u 'hostname' (I do not think reset_ci is provided with
4.1.2)

Restart NetView and daemons

Any means of copying the files can be used. I have even used tar with floppy
disks successfully if the database is not large.

With version 5 I think the daemons had to be running for mapadmin or reset_ci,
but the opposite was true for an earlier version.

Hope this helps.

Jon Needes
EDS, Hook, UK