what is the best way to discover changing IP of nodes?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: what is the best way to discover changing IP of nodes?
From: Matt Ashfield <mda@UNB.CA>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 09:23:39 -0300
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all,

Recently, we have changed the IP address of our servers to a different subnet. The scenario goes something like this. Originally the servers were in NetA. There was also a NetB which contained a bunch of machines but were all unmanaged. The servers have now been put on NetB assuming the IP of some of the unmanaged machines that used to exist there. My question is, what is my best approach for getting NetView to recognize my servers at their new address? I have tried deleting NetB, but it just re-appears with all it's nodes (which are unmanaged), and not containing the servers. Should I delete the servers from NetA and delete all of NetB and then let Netview rediscover them? Any suggestions?
Cheers
matt