Re: remove a host from all maps via command line ??

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: remove a host from all maps via command line ??
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:48:35 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
You can't.  This is a GUI-only function, because it is the ipmap
application which actually does it.

>>I would like to know how I can remove a host from all maps on server
using a command line script.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@PRINCETON.EDU> on 05/11/99 10:34:25 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
Subject:  remove a host from all maps via command line ??

I would like to know how I can remove a host from all maps on server
using a command line script.

I am trying to use our host database, which I extract names and IPs
from, to "LOADHOSTS" and remove hosts as the database changes. The
LOADHOSTS seams straight forward but it is not clear how to delete a
host via command line.   This database can be very dynamic at times due
to student registration and graduation.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff Fitzwater
Princeton University