[no subject]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: Kashif Karim <kashif_karim@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 18:43:08 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Platform info: Netview 5.1.1 with TME 3.6 on Sun Solaris 2.6. The
standard Netview baroc file nvserverd is loaded on the T/EC side.

The IBM_NVDCOL_EV event defined under OV_DataCollectThresh class in
trapd when passes to T/EC only fills in the "msg" slot with the
following information (following is an example only)
'ifInUcastPkts 3 threshold exceeded (>1800.00): 1867.15'
(where 3 is the interface no. I set threshold on.)

My challenge is to fill in the two slots:
sampled_value & threshold_value defined in OV_DataCollectThresh class
with values that I can obtain by parsing the msg string on Netview
side. I need to fill in these values on Netview side so that they
appear filled in T/EC. In my example above. that would be like
assigning values as follows
sampled_value=1867.15
threshold_value=1800

How can I achieve that?? How can I reference these class varible on
Netview side? Can I do that in a rule set with an Inline Action? If yes
then how? Any idea or hint is appreciated!!!

Kashif