warning: errors received in AIX 4.3.2 ptfs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: warning: errors received in AIX 4.3.2 ptfs
From: Matt Ashfield <mda@UNB.CA>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 17:03:31 -0300
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hey all,

This is just a heads up on an error we got when doing some AIX maintenance. After doing the maintenance, I tried running a demand poll, or opening the Ruleset Editor (there may have been other Netview apps that were affected, theses were the ones I noticed), and I received the following error in my console:

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  215
  Current serial number in output stream:  216

We traced the error to the installation of the X11.base.lib 4.3.2.5 ptf file. Once it is removed and we used the old version of this fileset, things went back to normal..

Cheers

Matt