nvsecd stopping after running client

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: nvsecd stopping after running client
From: Mikael Dalsgard <mdalsgar@SDATA.NO>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:57:40 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello!

I have installed some NetView-clients on Sun Solaris 2.6 and 7 workstations. The
NV-server is running Solaris 2.6. Netview version is 5.1.

The install performed OK, and we are able to run the clients - most of the time!
But sometimes, after closing a session, the GUI will not come back up the next
time. Whether it is started through the Tivoli Framework or on the commandline
(nv6000) it just complains : "ERROR : can not connect to daemons".

Running 'nvstatus' reveals nvsecd is not running. After starting this daemon
again on the server, the NV client again starts. But it is rather annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this, and/or have any suggestion to why nvsecd has
to be restarted ?

--

Mikael Dalsgard
    ___ ___