Netview internal thresholds

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview internal thresholds
From: Kashif Karim <kashif_karim@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 13:05:39 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Netview 5.1.1, Solaris 2.6, FrameWork 3.6

It seems that out of nowhere Netview just started to issue traps about
a particular directory's file system space threshold. It says
"/AFTT/tools filesystem is 52 percent full". Generic 6, specific
58720257. The event description says that it is generated when Netview
detects a disk space percentage used threshold. Source Charachter for
this trap is D (demo).

Now, first 52% is not at all an alarming situation for any of our UNIX
boxes so this event is of no value. Second, can we change the
thresholds for this internal threshold? This is definitely not a user
defined thresholds so I can't see it in "Data Collection and
Thresholds:SNMP" menu. What could be the reason for this to have
triggered all of a sudden.

And thanks a lot James for your previous replies!!!!

Kashif