Netview 5.1 Netmon config

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview 5.1 Netmon config
From: "Hawes, Geoff" <geoff.hawes@EMAIL.AIRBORNE.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 12:08:23 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We have a Solaris 2.6 platform with a token ring and an ethernet
interface in which Netmon appears to be using both interfaces to discover
our network.
Our primary interface is the token ring and the default gateway
is set for the token ring segment. Surprisingly netmon seems to want
to use both, and I can't find any info on configuring netview to 'set'
a primary interface.
The ethernet segment is used as a backup segment.

Has anyone experienced this, and or found or know of a solution?

Thanks

Geoff Hawes
Airborne Express