Re: iubd and ahmdbserver (NWAYS) [ND·Cerberus checked]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: iubd and ahmdbserver (NWAYS) [ND·Cerberus checked]
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 11:01:52 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
These daemons log to nettl.LOGxx the same as the Netview
daemons.  Also, there is a PTF upgrade from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3.
It is U462220. And the web site is always a good bet, at
http://www.networking.ibm.com/cma/cmaprod.html, and there
is a link from there to the support page.

Hello all,

          I have a slight problem starting the iubd and the ahmdbserver. the
iubd exits after about a minute (after attempting to start from the ksh) with an
exit code of 99. I can't seem to find any log files or hints on what might be
going wrong. I also have a problem with the ahmdbserver which also exits after
being started. The ahmtopod stays up and running once started. Because of the
missing iubd the hubmanager doesn't work.

using:
db2_05_00
nways 1.2.2
netview 5.1.1