Creating seperate maps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Creating seperate maps
From: "Rama, R. (Reggie)" <ReggieR@NEDCOR.CO.ZA>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:31:55 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

Hello

I would like to create seperate maps for the operators based on the devices they manage .i.e. routers , hubs, servers etc. What I would like done is that if a router goes done , the operator(s) managing the servers should not see the status propagated in their  map .i.e everything is still "green" even if a routers has failed. I have not done this before and would like to know how this is done and has anybody already done this based on similar requirements for their customers/organsations.

All the assistance provided is highly appreciated.

Regards
Reggie Rama
Nedcor IT