Logout fails

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Logout fails
From: Jon Needes <jon.needes@ATS.UK.EDS.COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 14:48:32 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I am running NetView 5.1 under AIX 4.2.1 with security turned on.

When I start NetView it runs up without having to log in. If I stop and
restart nvsecd I then get the login dialogue but after logging out I can
then run NetView again without logging in. I have looked at nv6000.log.
At first the error logged was:

Mon Jun  7 14:24:36 BST 1999

Logout failed for User: jonn
User name 'jonn', is not logged on.

Now the error being logged is:

Mon Jun  7 14:31:01 BST 1999
A Security Context could not be established
with server: flippy, result: 19
Logout failed for User: jonn
Unknown error return from Logout

At the moment this problem seems consistent. I suspect the problem may
involve the files in /usr/OV/security/cache, but I have no ideas beyond
that.

I know others have reported similar problems with security in 5.1 and
would like to know if there are also problems in 5.1.1.

Thanks in advance

Jon Needes
EDS, Hook, UK