Source Tivoli environment at boot...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Source Tivoli environment at boot...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:05:36 PDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello All.

I am running AIX 4.3.2 and Framework 3.6 and Netview 5.1.

Whenever my server has to be rebooted, I must source my Tivoli environment
so that I can run the Framework and Netview.

I have to type in ". /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh"

I would like to have this done automatically when the AIX box boots up.

I am not a shell script expert, but I think the code to accomplist this
would be something like....

if [ -f /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh] ; then
   . /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
fi

However, I am not sure where to place this within the AIX environemt.
Would it be best to edit the /etc/inittab file with a entry for a script,
say, rc.tivoli, and then include this code here?

Is there a better way of doing this?

Any help/info appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord.