Re: 8260 DMM/RMON STATS ON NETVIEW

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: 8260 DMM/RMON STATS ON NETVIEW
From: Simon Long <slong@NETTRACK.COM.AU>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 15:35:58 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

The sort of things you need to get started:-

1. The MIB file for the 8260 - I haven't checked if there is an 8260 MIB
delivered with Netview.  This
will need to be loaded via "xnmloadmib" so that the MIB values for the RMON
probe can be
accessed  ( almost certainly under private -> ibm ).   If you can't find
the MIB file check your 8260 doco,
and failing that talk to your IBM service representative.   I normally make
a backup of any system
I'm working on before I do any maintenance ( I don't know if it is still
the case but there was once a
problem with failed attempts to load faulty MIB files corrupting the
compiled snmp MIB file ).
2. The snmp agent on the 8260 needs to be configured to allow access to
your Netview Server so
that data can be collected ( most agents do by default ) - you may want to
check the agent software
for the 8260.     You might need to check the settings for your "SNMP
Configuration" at the
Manager end ( via the Netview EUI )  to ensure that community names match
at the Manager and
agent ends.

In answer to your question about an 8260 forum - "maybe.....if one exists".
You should, nevertheless,
be able to get some pretty good feedback and assistance on this forum.

These are just some things to start with - I'm sure people will be
contacting you soon with more/better
information.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,