Re: export snmpcollect data

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: export snmpcollect data
From: Stephan Schwalb <sschwalb@DEBIS.DE>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 07:57:17 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

beside the databse package of Netview, Tivoli have a product called "Tivoli
Decision Support"
which generates reports based on the RDBMS data of netview (topology, trapdlog
and snmpCollect)
and also provides Discovery Guide with predefined report definitions for
events, utilization, availability
.... (It uses Cognos Power Play and Crytsal Reports).

We are starting to implement that for our reporting. We already tested the
transfer RDBMS
(Oracle on NT) - it works except of one command (documentation failure in the
Database Guide).

Rgds___Stephan

Jason Kravitz schrieb:

> I believe there are instructions for this in the NetView Database Guide
>
>      - Jason
>
> Jean-Noel Wallet <jewa@TELINDUS.BE> on 06/15/99 12:06:06 PM
>
> Please respond to Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
>       NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
>
> To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
> cc:    (bcc: Jason Kravitz/Tivoli Systems)
> Subject:  export snmpcollect data
>
> I look for the possiblity to export to a RDBMS the data collected via
> snmpcollect. The goal of this is to be able to create reports by making
> query on in the tables of this RDBMS.
> The data are collected from a netview 5.1 on AIX.
> Thanks.
>
> Jean-No

> ël Wallet

>         J.-N. Wallet - NMS Support Eng.                 TELiNDUS NV/SA
>
>         E-mail : jewa@telindus.be               Geldenaaksebaan 335
>         Phone  : +32 (0)16 38.28.82             B-3001 LEUVEN
>         Fax    : +32 (0)16 38.29.33
>         For more information about our products and services,
>         please visit our website (http://www.telindus.be)

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards / Saludos

Stephan Schwalb

Systems engineer - Networkmanagement
debis - Systemhaus
Tel.: +49 (711)-17-49971