Netview Clients

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview Clients
From: "Boulieris, Arthur" <Arthur.Boulieris@NZ.UNISYS.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 22:58:28 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have a requirement where two customers networks are managed by one box and
both of them require a view of their own world and are not allowed to see
each others network.
Ideally I would like to provide them with web interfaces and set their
default map to be their network.They would only be able to drill down from
here.Netview appears to have only one default web map which is by editing
/user/OV/registration/C/webquery.reg,so both customers would have the same
default map which is unacceptable.
The other option is to use clients.The problem here is that they only have
NT machines and I cant find any mention of NT clients being compatible with
solaris.
Is this the best solution to my problem,and can it be done on inexpensive nt
boxes.
Another thing Im intersted in knowing is how do clients affect the servers
performance as opposed to web clients?
Any help much appreciated.

Thanks Arthur