Re: NetView Web Security

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView Web Security
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 12:29:59 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Mike Raad wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to secure access to the NetView Web and I don't really know
> where to start.
> Everyone connected to my customer network can launch Netscape and put in
> the NetView server adress, and connect to NetView. How could I be more
> selectif ? and how could I implement security on the Web ?
> Thanks
>
> e-mail address : mike.raad@fr.ibm.com

Mike,
create your NV user accounts (the users must be members of the web group) and
simply enable NV security through nvsec_admin (do not forget the admin password
immediately). Then users connecting to NV server through a browser are required
to provide their authentication. They can access the NV pages and other users
will have no access. However, the authorized users will see anything I deem.

HTH,
Best regards,
Vladimir.