Thresholds on Cisco locIfInCRC - delta values

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Thresholds on Cisco locIfInCRC - delta values
From: "Matt Moore (DSL AK)" <MattM@DATACOM.CO.NZ>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:28:00 +1200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

I am trying to produce threshold traps triggered by Cisco CRC errors
(locIfInCRC), and I am wondering how (or when) Netview calculates delta
values in collections. My problem is that thresholds are not generated based
on the delta value for locIfInCRC, but rather the actual value (I want to
generate a threshold when locIfInCRC increases by 1). The data type for
locIfInCRC is "integer", however the actual value for locIfInCRC always
increases, so why isn't it a "counter" data type?
My assumption is that Netview only calculates delta values on "counter" data
types. Is this correct?

Platform: Netview/NT 5.1.

Regards,
 Matt Moore