CMIP and pmd

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: CMIP and pmd
From: Sergio Costa Lage <slage@ROCKETMAIL.COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:28:42 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Folks,

I have developed an application to manage telecommunication network
elements using CMIP and NetView v4 platform. This week I made several
performance tests and pmd "hangs up"  every time we demand a
notification flooding. The only way to get things working again it to
"ovstop" and "ovstart" pmd again.
Checking on nettl trace and log files I could find about 60 "Freeing
outstanding request" messages just before pmd stops. I guess there is
a queue for outstanding requests in pmd and I would like to know if
there is a way to increase its size and avoid pmd hanging. I could not
find any information about it on man pages. All ptfs applied.

Thanks!

===
Sergio Costa Lage
slage@rocketmail.com