Re: Who is running MLM on NT?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Who is running MLM on NT?
From: Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:35:21 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I don't know of any one trying to run MLM on strictly
NT platform.  I have just started to get the MLM
working on two NT test Netview boxes, and so far I had
little luck.  There are no documentation other than
the readme file came with the installation.  I saw a
section on MLM in the Integrated Management Solutions
using Netview V.5.1 redbook (SG24-5285-00), but it
covers mostly Unix, and has less than a page on the NT
version.  From the sound of it, there lacks a lot of
functionality in the NT version, specifically, a gui
interface to configure and manage the MLM's.  There's
supposedly a smconfig.exe, however, I have yet to find
it.  I'd love to hear that someone has it running on
NT.

Sincerely

--- Peter Farr <farr_p@INS.COM> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with MLM running on
> NT systems? I understand
> that this is new, and one of my clients is running
> into a variety of
> problems with it. So far IBM has not supplied any
> reference accounts where
> this is actually running in production, and I have
> not found any
> documentation which refers to NT. It does not appear
> ready for prime time,
> and the client is thinking of switching to a UNIX
> platform... their NetView
> is already on UNIX (AIX and Solaris).
>
> Regards...
>
> Peter Farr
> Network Systems Engineer
> International Network Services (INS) Canada
> Pager: (800) INS-1-INS or (888) 548-6174

===
Xu He
Consulting Services Engineer
Network Solutions, Inc