Transcend for Unix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Transcend for Unix
From: Hal Dorsman <hdorsman@BLACKFOOT.NET>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:22:39 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Maybe a bit off topic, but:

Anybody have any experience with Trancend 5.0 for Unix?  It used
to be nicely integrated with Netview at the 4.2 level.  Never was a problem,
a great tool for managing 3Com devices from within Netview. Now a giant
step backwards with 5.0  It no longer is integrated with Netview
("integrated
release due soon"), and when I try to start it up in standalone mode, I get
the following error:  "Invalid Transcend Central server.  Please run
Transcend
Assist application to get more info about server status".  Well I ran
Transcend
Assist and it was no help.  All daemons seem to be running find.  Any of you
Netview users out there that also use Transcend that can lend a helping
hand?

Thanks in advance.

Hal

Hal Dorsman