Re: Optivity NMS 9.0 released

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Optivity NMS 9.0 released
From: Rob Rinear <robr@DIRIGO.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:05:56 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
C'mon, folks, read the notes.

In David's post he listed part numbers for Solaris and NT, and posted this 2
days ago:
"NetView 5.1.x (we don't care about the 3rd decimal) is supported in NMS
9.0 - On Solaris and NT. You are getting confused because NMS 9.0.1 is
scheduled to pick up HPUX and AIX Operating System support. It's out of Q3
'99 now and will probably be mid Q4'99."

So, this is not for AIX (due Q4 '99), 9.0 is the latest version for NT, and
9.0 supports Netview 5.1.x.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but at least read what he is posting rather
than just firing questions.  I wouldn't want vendors like him to get
discouraged and stop participating because he's asked the same questions
over and over.

Sorry...I'll get off my soap box now.....