Re: mail from daemon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: mail from daemon
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 12:47:43 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Rut,
the mail is coming from the cron daemon on your NetView server. Cron sends all
the
standard output and error via e-mail to the user who submitted the job. Look at
the cron
table by running
crontab -e #open for editing
to see which job might do that thing. After you get it comment it out if you do
not want
the job to execute or modify it as desired.

HTH,
Best regards,
Vladimir.

Sontaya Passakonnirin wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Now I use NetView 5.0 to manage my customer's network. The network
> equipment are contain IBM8274 switch, which every day I have got mail
> from daemon(attach file).
> Any one have an experience about that. please tell me what happen and
> how can I do?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> rut ^_^

>              Name: switch
>    switch    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>          Encoding: quoted-printable

The eagle never lost so much time, as when he submitted to learn
of the crow. [W.B.]