[no subject]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: Alok Gera <agera@RPM.COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 11:48:48 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi

I am running Stataview Plus for Solaris version 9.106, but I am sending my
traps to an NT box running Tivoli 5.1.1.  The traps come into the event
browser but they have a  format error on them, so they are basically
meaningless.  I tried to run mib2trap on the mibs for stratacom, but I get
all kinds of errors with, all basically saying that the trap is missing the
Object ID.  Has anybody else run across this.  Shouldn't the traps be parsed
into the the trapd.conf file when you load the mibs.

Thanks for all the help

Alok Gera
RPM Consulting Inc.
Boston MA