[no subject]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: erika ocaqa <eocana@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 19:40:55 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
hello!!!
finally we try to install de patch 5.1.1, but we found two problems:
1. the desktop can't open in the managed node that have installed the
netview. we set the tivoli environment with the command
/etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh and put tivoli in the command line, but only
open the window called tivoli startup but in a second close again. in
the osevlog does show nothing.
2. we try to install the patch trhough the TMR Server, but in the
moment of the installation displays a window with the legend:

Cheking patch dependencies....
product  NVS_51 needs to be installed onto the managed node:
monitoreo06.

But the NetView is actually installed onto the managed node :
monitoreo06, we checked the software installed with the command wlsinst
in the TMR Server and it shows that the netview isn't installed.

how can we register the netview, or can fix this fail?