[no subject]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:00:09 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Erika;
1. Is there an error message like iom_create failed (error 48) in the wtrace
output (you must have tracing errors turned on)? If
there is, probabely you should check permissions for /etc/hosts on the node.
Should allow reading the file - try to set them to
644. Or is there /tmp/.tivoli directory? It must exist. Or has someone set port
range for the managed node?
2. The message says clearly there is no NetView server on the node where you
are trying to install the patch. If you are running
wlsinst -pP and there is no NetView server nor is there an entry for the server
in the wlookup -ar NetViewServer command output,
you will have to install NV 5.1 again on the node. Only after this the patch
5.1.1. can be applied.

HTH,
Best regards,
Vladimir.