isInterface field calculation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: isInterface field calculation
From: benvain <benvain@BSD.TM.FR>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:19:22 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi fellows,

Could someone explain me how NetView determine the isInterface value of
an object?

Here's why I ask this question:
When NV discovers a router in our network (Frame Relay private network
with Cisco routers and french FR equipments), it sets the isInterface
field to TRUE. That results into two major problems: 1) the
Edit/Description of the router is undefined, i.e. every field of that
window is empty (IP address, mask and so on); 2) Ciscoworks is unable to
get the community name of the routers.
I demonstrated the responsibility of isInterface: changing it to FALSE
(and only that) by nvdbimport fixed the two problems above.

NV 5.1.1, AIX 4.2.1

Thanks a lot.
Regards.

Bernard Envain     CIC-Banque Scalbert-Dupont
Ph.: +33 3 20 12 60 47   Fax: +33 3 20 12 60 80