Re: SNMP Monitoring

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNMP Monitoring
From: Art DeBuigny <debuigny@DALLAS.NET>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:43:44 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
VInce;

I know of no way to get NetView to generate a trap when a device looses its
ability to talk SNMP.  I suppose you can write a script to periodically try
an snmpget on a device and then manually send a trap to NetView when a
failure occurs.

Art DeBuigny
debuigny@dallas.net
art.debuigny@bankofamerica.com