Re: NVPLAY

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NVPLAY
From: "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVBANK.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:10:14 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Ok, thanks. I put a pmr in to see what else Tivoli says as well.

>>> Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM> 07/21 4:52 PM >>>
What are you trying to do?  If you are trying to
launch NVPLAY from a events on the client, I don't
think it is possible.   Since all of the event
processing are done on the server, only the server can
launch any process/script/execuable from an event,
unless you can find some thing similar to REXEC on
UNIX for NT.  The only way I've found that works
relative efficient is the NET SEND command.  Example

NET SEND "MESSAGE" /USER     will let you send a
pop-up message to all the connecting Netview clients.

Hope this helps
Xu He

--- "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVBANK.COM> wrote:
> Does anyone have nvplay.exe working on the client?

===
Xu He
Consulting Services Engineer
Network Solutions, Inc