Re: COLLECTIONS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: COLLECTIONS
From: Alejandro Mechoulam <amechoul@BMA.COM.AR>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:23:52 -0300
You can create a collection of the type object list and manually write down
each router.
Perhaps there is a way to make it automatic, I don't know.

WOOD Alison C <Alison.C.Wood@STATE.OR.US> con fecha 02/08/99 16.04.04

Por favor, responda a Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>

Destinatarios: NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu
CC:      (cci: Alejandro Mechoulam/BMA)
Asunto: COLLECTIONS

Thanks -

 I have 350 routers.  I want to break them down into 5 different collection
groups, but their IP addresses were assigned at random.  How can I put them
in
seperate groups by their full IP address?

Thanks again!

-Alison

>>> debuigny@DALLAS.NET 08/02/99 09:52am >>>
Alison;

In the collection editor, just check for Vendor = Cisco and IsRouter =
True.

Art DeBuigny
Bank of America
Network Operations / Network Systems